By Sophia Hsu
Summer has flown by just like every summer has before it. Now, it is time to get your skin and your look ready for autumn in New York City. Our resident expert, Everlyn Ho, provides us with these insightful tips to keep our skin glowing and healthy all autumn long.
1) Reverse the sun damage from the summer. That summer sun may have kissed your skin with a great bronze tint, but with that sun-kissed look comes damage, which causes early signs of aging. Replenish those vital nutrients to help keep those early signs of aging at bay. Reverse the damage with an oxygen treatment or a vitamin C treatment La Peau offers both.
2) Drink plenty of water. Hydration is a great way to keep your skin fit after a hot and sunny summer. It is also crucial in the dry season. Autumn and winter are the driest seasons in New York. You may not sweat like it is summer time, but you are still losing hydration. As you walk around this amazing city, remember to carry a bottle of water with you.
3) Use a moisture mask in the evening. Even if you think you don’t have the time, cleanse your face. If it is feeling a little tight immediately after drying, then your skin is telling you that you need more moisture. Spread on a little moisture mask, and go finish those dishes in the sink or pack your lunch for tomorrow. Wash it off, and you should be ready for bed.
4) Moisturize before going to bed. With your body at rest, your pores open and relax allowing all kinds of things to absorb into the skin. Instead of dirt and pollution, moisturize with a vitamin rich night cream. Night creams tend to be a little thicker than daily moisturizers which can provide an extra layer of protection and nutrition for your face at night.
5) Pamper your hair. After the harsh sun of summer, this is the time to start using a slightly heavier conditioner. As this is the dry season, your hair needs a little more moisture, so don’t forget to pamper your hair with a little more moisture this fall.
Fall beauty trend: ‘The Barely There Look’ nude lips and the no makeup look were all over the fashion week catwalk. Match the barely there look with a fish tail braid or a messy updo this fall.