The Consulate General of Japan in New York announces the “Natsu-matsuri” (summer festival) to be held in the Japan Information Center Gallery as part of its continuing introduction to Japanese culture program beginning Monday, August 6th through Friday, August 31st.
Please visit and enjoy “Natsu-matsuri” at the Japan Information Center. There will be a variety of traditional Japanese activities for both adults and children.
- Date & Time
Monday, August 6th to Friday, August 31st, 9:30am-4:00pm ( During normal business hours )
Japan Information Center Gallery, Consulate General of Japan in New York
299 Park Avenue, (Bet. 48th & 49th St.), 18th Floor,
New York, NY 10171
1) Learn the origin and history of “Natsu-matsuri”
2) “Natsu-matsuri” DVD viewing
3) Learn about “Natsu-matsuri” through Nuri-e coloring
4) Yukata and Happi coat (Japanese traditional clothes) try-on
5) Free “Natsu-matsuri” craft makings and activities in street vendor style including: Omen (mask) making, paper plane making, fishing game, paper “Sumo” wrestling game, Wanage ‘rope throwing’ game
*Other Japan experience service also available!