When: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 12:00-4:00 pm
Where: New Amsterdam Market – South Street (Between Beekman Street & Peck Slip), New York, New York 10038
Ticketed event features: tomato tasting of multiple varieties (heirloom and other non-GMOs); FSNYC’s Great Tomato Un-Cookoff; All ticket proceeds benefit FSNYC.
Attendee tickets: $15 FSNYC members (w/ discount code); $20 non-FSNYC members; $30 non-FSNYC members + FSNYC membership. Buy tickets in advance or purchase day of (cash only).
FSNYC’s Annual Tomato Fest and inagural Great Tomato Un-Cookoff at New Amsterdam Market is fast approaching! Attendees can:
- Learn how to can tomatoes with Spicy ‘n Sweet (1:00 – 3:00 pm)
- Talk heirlooms with on-site experts
- Enjoy tomato inspired creations from New Amsterdam Market vendors
- Taste and profile 15 varieties of height-of-the season tomatoes (ticketed)
- Sample the tantalizing, tomato-centric creations of 9 chefs who are competing head-to-head in FSNYC’s first Great Tomato Un-Cookoff! (ticketed)
Tickets available at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/265444
All ticket proceeds benefit Food Systems Network NYC.
More Details & Source from : http://foodsystemsnyc.org/